Friday 4 January 2008

I haven't forgotten...

But I've been busy doing, well not much really, aside from relaxing and mucking around with the girls and playing computer games with the husband. Just fun and non thinking stuff really and it's been great.

I am feeling both excited and apprehensive about 2008; there is just so much that needs to be done this year. I have 5 more units and then I will be a doctor - how trippy is that? It is going to be a massively hard slog to get there though and it curdles in my belly whenever I think of it. I have put a ticker over yonder so that I can see how long it is until I graduate and it seems so far off still.

I have also (if you divert your gaze to the right) added a ticker for weightloss so that I can motivate mysefl again. As you can see I have jumped impressively over the 70kg mark again thanks to a long lazy December filled with food, treats, and very little exercise. I am refusing to feel too guilty for it though as I have loved my lazy holiday. Perhaps a little less alcohol and fudge would have been a good plan though. Oops.

They are my two primary goals for this year. There are the obvious ones - like staying happily married and being a good Mum, but they are constants.

Anyhow I thought I'd follow this up with a meme shamelessly "borrowed" from Melissa and Sundry Mourning

1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
I went to the gym regularly and enjoyed it

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I think most of my resolutions were about being happy and losing weight and I did both though not as much weight as I would have liked (well it was until I went on my December binge!)

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes my best friend had her first baby

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes my grandmother died earlier this year. I have no surviving grandmothers.

5. What countries did you visit?
Sadly none. Travel is a resolution for the end of this year and compulsory for every year from here on out!

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
Organisational skills! Ambition.

7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Birthdays, anniversaries, deaths. Mostly this last year was pretty good to me (though incredibly stressful) and I feel positive. John Howard being booted out on DHs birthday celebration was pretty awesome though.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Passing third year well while staying happily married and mothering my children mostly pretty well.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Cleaning the house, I am an abysmal failure. I was also not as good at the parenting thing as I would like to be.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
2007 was my year of illness. Gastro, influenza, pneumonia, sinusitis, headcolds galore, a weird and debilitating neck/shoulder injury... I should be completely primed for an illness free 08 now!

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Size 12 clothes!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My husband as always for being the fabulous husband, father and man that he is. We celebrated in style and decadence in November and I'm so glad that I did.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Elections bring out the worst in parties and 2007 didn't disappoint.

14. Where did most of your money go?
The girls, petrol, frittering, buying gifts, food...

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The 2007 Election, passing another year of uni, my family, DHs new job

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Soko I'll Kill Her or Silverchair's Straight Lines

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
about the same I think, I am usually a happy person, especially on holidays
b) thinner or fatter? thinner definitely
c) richer or poorer? richer, though conversely more debt sadly. Could pay it off quickly if needed though.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Eating better, going out with LH and just mucking around with the girls

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Stressing, eating, playing on the computer!

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Hopefully as we did in 2007!

21. Did you fall in love in 2004?
I fell head over heels for my girls again and am daily reminded of how much I adore my husband

22. How many one-night stands?
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

23. What was your favorite TV program?
The Chaser!

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No, I don't hate anyone, even posters on forums that make my eyes bleed. I have learned to just avoid them and then I can feel the love lol

25. What was the best book you read?
Blind Faith by Ben Elton. His style irritates me but he makes me think which is good.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Hmmm, I made a bit of a resolution last year to listen to more music and have had a year of Triple J reminding me of why I loved music so much at college. Coming back has reawakened something in me and has reminded me of how much LH and I have in common.

27. What did you want and get?
More PJs for Christmas! To drop a dress size

28. What did you want and not get?
Diamonds and a trip round the world. Sadly hehe

29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Ratatouille?

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
October, I was 26 and we did nothing on the day. I felt quite sad on my birthday and had a sooky meltdown to the husband. Will hopefully not do that this year.

31.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Winning lotto?

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
Tailored and professional.

33. What kept you sane?
My family.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I have never got celebrities at all, (even used to manufacture crushes in highschool to fit in) but this picture of Orlando Bloom gives me butterflies!

35. What political issue stirred you the most?

Education and human rights issues.

36. Who did you miss?
My med friends who all graduated this year without me :(

37. Who was the best new person you met?
Probably my future BIL - though I have also "met" a lot of people online this past year who are kind of cool.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
That I am my best when I plan, but mostly just go with the flow, sticking my rudder in occasionally to head more in one direction, but never fight the current.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Can't think of one, but it would probably be cheesy...

2 comments:

Mary said...

Hooray - I've found you again. For some reason I had you on an old post page, and thought you'd had stopped posting. Off to make a milo and catch up on the world of Jen. Chin Chin darling girl.

Jenn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...