Sunday 20 April 2008

Red roses

According to most of the quotes I looked at this week, an hour's worth of cbt/therapist time is about $80-$100. Get smalltalk out of the way and that's a pretty damned short amount of time to work out your issues...

I bought approximately that amounts worth of potting mix, seedlings and various soil additives this morning and spent 2 hours at least this afternoon digging, replanting, potting, fertilising and generally just getting dirty. My fingernails are filthy, my jeans which I rolled above my knees have great big dirty handprints over my thighs and arse, I have potting mix in my cleavage and probably on my cheek. I hurt all over from lugging gigantic terracotta pots and digging up recalcitrant weeds in the garden. The girls pottered around with me, brandishing their 94c trowels from a large corporate small business destroying corporation, helping to pat soil around tomato plants and digging holes for the new herbs.

I feel damned good. Therapy be damned. Sunshine, hard work, a new red rose, the smell of oregano on my fingers... life is good.

4 comments:

Shel said...

I tell G that I'm off for my "therapy" - spend a day outside in the garden with my Ipod. It really does heal the soul

hissychick said...

I've always been gobsmacked at how much therapy costs. Luckily for me the last and most effective lot was for free courtesy of an area health program devoted to anxiety disorders.
Umm yes.

Anyway it sounds like the day outside was just what you needed. And it sounds like the herbs are even legal ;-P

TheThingsIdTellYou said...

Times like this, I wish I had a garden. Or knew where the hell to start to make one. I just know it'd help me.

Thinking ofyou, Jenn.

Jenn said...

Mel my garden is approximately 6x3m... all you need is some light and some ability to get water to them and you can have plants and a garden. Green things really do lift my spirit.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...