Saturday 22 March 2008

Excerpt from a conversation with Oscar the long-suffering black and white domestic shorthair

Jenn: "yes we did just vacuum the carpet..."

Oscar: *raises eyebrow*

Jenn: "What's that look for? And yes for your information this *is* a recycled masterfoods spice bottle filled with flour which I am applying liberally to the floor in appropriate bunny spaced intervals"

Oscar: "..."

Jenn: "In bunny shapes yes. I taught you that eyebrow manoeuvre you know"

Oscar: "..."

Jenn: "Doesn't it look great? Like a bunny with a severe case of foot psoriasis jumped all over our lounge room"

Oscar: "..."

Jenn: "The Elfling will love it"

Oscar: "..."

Jenn: "Done, and it looks fantastic. I am magical fantasy perpetuating parent extraordinaire even if I didn't fold the laundry pile that's taller than both girls put together"

Oscar: "..."

Jenn: "Fine well you're a cat and aren't allowed chocolate so I suppose you're just pouting"

Oscar: *shakes head*

Jenn: *studiously ignoring the misshapen mini elegant rabbits that got left in the car boot on a hot day* "haha no witnesses to see me carefully sampling to make sure that the Easter Bunny brought good chocolate"

Oscar: "I am definitely sleeping on your side of the bed tonight - see how you like having 1/10th of the bed hehe"

Jenn: "..."

Oscar: "What? You know you love it - you never kick me off either!"

Jenn: "I think I'm hallucinating"

Oscar: "Probably"

1 comment:

@workingwomenaus said...

Our cats would get along famously ;) Ten minutes ago I was having a conversation with mine about why our fire refused to light on this freezing morning. I'm sure I heard him join in...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...