Monday 3 March 2008

Studying

Those of you that have known me some time know what this post is likely to be about. Those of you that have not had the pleasure of meeting me during an exam block... well this is for you. In the next 2 weeks you can expect that there will either be a lot of action on this blog, or none at all. It will be a complete binge or purge of blogging, because I will stoop to anything to actually absolve me from anything resembling study (as all 15 of my regular e-mail contacts are fully aware *blush*).

Procrastination and I are such good friends that at least 4 or 5 times a year we embark on a wild fling that's just enough to get me through until the next exam block whereby I will be gagging for it again. I have a list of 15 gynae topics here in front of me - from embryology and anatomy to benign and malignant tumours to sexual health and sexual psychology (wtf?) that I need to cover. This is amongst all the other regular stuff I do like attend clinics, tutorials, lectures and ward rounds.

So instead of clearing my calendar and devoting myself as a willing concubine to study, I am instead playing poker on Friday night with the med boys, going to the movies with the husband on Saturday, doing 4x hour and a half trips with the girls to drop them off and pick them up from the grandparents place and going to see Phantom of the Opera with LH. Oh! and I also have plans to SLEEP IN on both Saturday and Sunday mornings followed by potentially morning sex and a real breakfast, especially Saturday being as I may or may not be participating in the imbibing of alcoholic beverages while playing poker on Friday...

Sometimes I actually think that I enjoy studying just for this horrible lead up week before I crash...

2 comments:

@workingwomenaus said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend ahead! Enjoy!

I was a shocking procrastinator at Uni too. But I always got the work done in 'cramming mode' with pleasing results. Some people just study differently I guess (LOL). I could never spread it out - I needed the pressure to get the results!

Best of luck. I hope this study period sees an influx of posts rather than an absence!

Anonymous said...

As with Kim, I am also a crammer! I have put together many assignements in the final hours before cut off and still managed to score some decent grades.

That reminds me..I have an assignment almost due. Time for lunch with friends then I think!!hehe

Good luck Jenn.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...