Friday 2 January 2009

New Year Meme

What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Graduated from MEDICINE!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Yep, I'm stubborn like that!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My 3rd nephew was born this year

4. Did anyone close to you die?
My grandfather died, I have no grandparents left

5. What countries did you visit?
Yay I can write something this year - namely Singapore and Indonesia!

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Money!

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Graduating, going to Bali, finding out I was pregnant again, seeing the sprog on the big screen on Bingley's birthday

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Finishing my degree

9. What was your biggest failure?
My relationships, I really need to work on them this year.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Influenza again, hyperemesis my old friend...

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My graduation present to myself - a watch.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My husband as always for being the fabulous husband, father and man that he is. We celebrated in style and decadence in [December] and I'm so glad that I did. Copy and paste from last year.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My own

14. Where did most of your money go?

Diversion from thinking about big issues

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Limping over the finish line

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Kings of Leon I could really use somebody not my favourite song, just gets stuck in my head so I think it will stick for 08

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? I think sadder at the moment, but exhausted is probably a better word
b) thinner or fatter? trick question for a nearly 19 week pregnant woman, lighter but fatter I think
c) richer or poorer? richer, and I start getting paid very soon!

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Exercising - I tend to binge and purge with it, spent more alone time with Bingley

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Stressing, eating, playing on the computer! ditto last year

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With a new family member

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
No - but love deepened for those whom I love

22. How many one-night stands?
Unless you're counting the immaculate conception, none that didn't involve Bingley

23. What was your favorite TV program?
GNW I think, we didn't watch much TV. TopGear is fun too

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No, I'm not much into hate...

25. What was the best book you read?
Almost nothing, I read a few David Baldacci's while in Bali that were OK, but can't recall reading anything that really blew my mind

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Making friends with a similarly obsessed muso who introduced me to a lot of things.

27. What did you want and get?
To lose a fair whack of weight and to graduate

28. What did you want and not get?
My ambition

29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Meh, barely saw any

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 27. It was very uneventful. I got pyjamas.

31.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Winning lotto?

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Bizarre - I kept dropping sizes and just as I was about to buy new clothes found out I was pregnant so the only new stuff I've bought was from Bali markets... think floaty and inappropriate for anything but sitting around in the tropics

33. What kept you sane?
What on Earth makes you think that after all this that I'm sane!

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Can't say I've fancied any of them

35. What political issue stirred you the most?

I'm verbose and irritating about a number of political issues

36. Who did you miss?
Myself, I hope I find her again this year

37. Who was the best new person you met?
Probably muso friend from above, has been good for me

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
That, to quote an old Scots poem, "The best laid schemes o' mice an' men/Gang aft agley"

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
can't think of one, it's been an eclectic old time

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...