Tuesday 2 November 2010

Fragmented

In trying to think of something to write for today's blog I had a cacophony of ideas ringing in my head that so paralysed me with indecision that I felt as if each was merely a fragment that could not be forced together to make a whole. I looked for ideas and starting points for blogs and memes and began adding things to one of my many folders within folders in search of a pattern that I could link and turn into meaningful prose.

But the more I searched, the more I found, and the more lost I became in the beauty of others' works. I had half heartedly decided to share with you some of the line drawings I'd unearthed that I completed in highschool far too long ago, but after an evening spent hopping through artistic history like an amphetamine laced amphibian I decided instead what I wanted to share were those things that make me want to write.

And here they are.


E quindi uscimmo a rivider le stelle

Dante



may my mind stroll about hungry
and fearless and thirsty and supple
and even if it’s sunday may i be wrong
for whenever men are right they are not young

- e.e. cummings



Looking into
your eyes Nothing,i said,except the
air of spring smelling of never and forever.

- e e cummings


and this is the wonder that’s keeping the stars apart

- e. e. cummings




Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu’avec le cœur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry





I know I’ll often stop and think about them
In my life I love you more

- The Beatles



Curiouser and curiouser
Lewis Carroll




Hurihia to aroaro ki te ra tukuna to atarangi kia taka ki muri i a koe

- Maori proverb


“Life finds a way.”

- Michael Crichton



Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?
- Edgar Allan Poe



Not all those who wander are lost;

- J. R. R. Tolkien



I open at the close.

J.K. Rowling



the tigers have found me
and I do not care.

- Charles Bukowski


“I feel infinite.”

Stephen Chbosky



Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune–without the words,
And never stops-at all,

— Emily Dickinson


The world is quiet here
- Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events

1 comment:

Blythe said...

Beautiful images Jenn, some of those are my favourite pieces of art.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...