Wednesday 25 November 2009

Halfway Between the Gutter and the Stars

Today Bingley turned 29 and today the house was cleaned to respectable standards for 4 hours by a paid cleaner and 6 by an unpaid one. I also went to the gym.

The house is sparkly, but I'm exhausted. Bingley even more so. We had visitors this afternoon and I've just finished cleaning up after them. I am amazed at myself. Jenn of last week would have left it until tomorrow. I even baked a (rubbery, dry, almost inedible) sponge cake. Lucky we have fudge.

Almost a decent wife.

1 comment:

TheThingsIdTellYou said...

Not unless there was birthday sex, madam!

It always makes me laugh that we women spend hours and hours cleaning before the cleaner comes. I do it too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...