Friday 19 November 2010

Ascii Curtains


I'm too tired to write much tonight, and I forget all of the good ideas I had for posts. One day I will learn to write them down instead of only capturing faint echoes days or weeks after the initial completed composition. But that will probably only happen when I become a grown up once and for all, and I'm not quite ready for that.

Today we hung up curtains and put up a picture rail and went to Ikea and bought candlesticks and had meatballs. Then came home and went to swimming lessons and bought birthday presents for the various school parties over the next 2 weekends (four at last count, not including the BBQ we're having tomorrow).

It was the sort of lovely mundane day that is helped by watching the new flocked white curtains dance in the breeze. There is nothing that quite centres my focus on home as decorating it. Even when pregnant I never had proper nesting, I only had "interior design" nesting where balance and flow of a room were far more important than scrubbing skirting boards with a toothbrush.

I am quite content at the moment. The part of me that was seeking something this year found it, and it's strange but having found exactly what I was looking for I feel calmer. I don't ever need to seek more again, because I know exactly where it is, and that I will never find it quite so perfectly again. This is not a sad thought, but actually makes it easier to keep on keeping on.

The children are glorious at the moment. They deserve a post of their own each soon. I am in love with all of them, and as naughty and messy and loud as they are, I love them all the more for it. They are revelling in me being home so much the last few weeks, and I worry terribly about how they will fare the next few - but they have Bingley, and they have so much love they can't help but be warmed by it.



PS this is just a little extra for the LMM fans. I found it online a few years ago, and I re-read it about once a year. Hope you enjoy it too if you've not seen before. The Alpine Path

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...