Tuesday 3 May 2011

Schrodinger's Kitty

Are all beautiful things painful? The emotion that runs so deep has the power to soothe as well as slice, and I wonder how much chance there is in that... if it's God playing with his yahtzee dice, while we rattle around in the cup.

I cannot escape rainbows lately, they follow me around like some sort of technicolor omen, and it makes me laugh and wince in equal measure. They both mock and encourage me. My life some sort of weird farcical dichotomy of being. There was one over me as I drove home in hail today, some ridiculous metaphor of being. While others race for shelter I am out being battered, chasing rainbows.

This time last year I lived like I was on a tightrope, where the net shimmered beautifully below while I balanced serenely dressed in spangles. I have never felt so emotional in my life as I did a year ago, so reckless and wild, a raging storm of it. I have grown enormously in the last year - I have never been so beautiful as I am now. And all the lines and the new angles at my jaw contribute. Age is shaping me, moulding me against my will. I still don't remember how to breathe.

Sometimes in hiding from the emotion I have closed myself from looking for beautiful things, of seeing the beauty in everything, in pursuing the Gleam. But in honour of nothing, but being tired and anxious, and wanting to focus on something else, here are a few random things from my blog inspiration folder. I'm sure you all have one, and here's a glimpse of mine...



I have to know - did you dream this of me?



 Of wanting to lie with them, touch them, wake with them



My mirror friend




The hardest part? …there’s a fear that doubt will creep in, you will awaken one day and think “what the hell was I thinking?



I know it’ll get better. I wonder if it’ll ever be as good.



Reminded today of what I'm counting from



my mind is where the ghosted afterthoughts of you linger


you are still the brightest light to have shone in my sky



It's the shortest day of the year today. 
 
From tomorrow, every day will have more sunshine in it than the day before


As with other times before, Time had dissolved



I just closed my eyes for a second and disappared from reality. It was tough coming back


You're unlike anyone I've ever met, yet I feel like I've known you my entire life & beyond.



DFA



i will be frank, because i feel the need: i will take you in whatever form you are happy to share yourself with me, but i will always have, at the back of my heart, a little bit of wistfulness for more


the next day I didn't care & just held your hand for a moment



I was breathing so slowly & deeply that I may have appeared to be not breathing at all


i want words. 
 
and a tree


There was something about the beauty of the location, the company and the surrealism of having not slept and having no idea which day it was or which time. Some sort of suspended bubble that eeked itself out on the space time continuum. A beautiful lucid dream. I remember feeling my palms after all the digging in the sand, and how exfoliated and excoriated they were and the soft pain of that making me double take and realise that *this* was actually reality




Nope, in the end I cbf arguing so just went and did them.
 
QED
 
Then walked into a wall




well if one is going to be antisocial and self destructive one may as well do it antiseptically


now, when I sharpen a pencil, I enjoy the sharpness for a few seconds before deliberately softening the top so that it slides more easily on the paper



I'm perpetually glad that you appreciate the things that mean so much to me




When you're watching someone's face and they've yet to see you. The second that their eyes come into focus on your face and the connection is established: ephemeral; visceral; tangible. The way that you don't actually need to acknowledge it because it is so palpable that you can't help but know that the other knows it too



I understand gravity. Understand how it is that something so invisible can be felt so acutely. The pull towards. I never think about the fact that as I walk my feet touch the ground. It doesn't require concentration, it doesn't really require thinking. By virtue of the attraction of both bodies, the pull and force brings them together. Unintentionally. Inexplicably.


GTFOOMH




it must be strange shooting up your own vein. i look at my veins and think how easy they'd be to stick a needle in, but the idea gives me a shudder straight up the spine


i see it as a tangible edge, wispy and black but interestingly i see it against light

3 comments:

TheThingsIdTellYou said...

Those pictures (along as always, with your words) are beautiful.

The two of you are breathtaking, Jenn. I do think you've changed in the past couple of years (at least in the pictures I've seen of you) and you've never been more beautiful. You seem softer, more womanly, fulfilled.

I don't know. But, again. Beautiful. You. Your words. Your blog. All of it.

Unknown said...

Love it

bobby said...

à peu près assez impressionnant (pmpa)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...