Thursday 28 February 2008

Further insights into passengers on an early evening inner Western bus service

I was feeling a little fragile this morning so I wore my favourite polka dotted stilettos with my bright red shirt and favourite red pushup bra today. Aside from the fact that my toes are now numb and blistered from running around all day I had a really good day. And I got complimented on my clinical skills, presentation and initiative. I like that people usually like me, that they don't treat my presence like a nasty infestation of vermin. I like that even when I'm feeling a little off centre that I can go to work and impress people. Calm, reassuring, competent and likable.

But back to the commuters...

Commuter #14
(a shortish middle aged man who is always wearing a blue button down shirt and black pants)
I noticed tonight that you have a large sagittal scar at the back of your head. I'm guessing you've had surgery on your occipital lobe which means the eye patch makes sense. I still have questions - like why you needed surgery, and why you always wear a blue shirt (it's not a uniform), but I felt like I found a piece of the puzzle today.

Commuter #27
(A tall, well built, nice looking man of probably 30)
You looked sad today, like you weren't looking forward to going home. I wonder if you were going home to an empty house. What happened to the girl that you bought flowers for?

Commuter #19
(A shortish, ball on a stick figured woman in her late 40s)
You werent' there today. I think you would have liked my shoes... they are very cute.

Commuter #32
(Early 20s woman with aggressively perfect figure and ultra fashionable clothing)
Good to see you haven't changed. You looked much less attractive to me today. I think soon that I will not even notice your perfect figure, your contempt for others is so distracting.

Commuter #4
(?28 year old, quite thin but wiry beautiful man with SE Asian heritage with the most amazing cheekbones and lips)
Did you realise that we caught the same connecting bus! How exciting - I got on at the hill to get to the city and you jumped on straight after me. Are you a doctor? You really don't strike me as one... pharmacist maybe? Not physio or speechie... perplexing. We got off together in the city in the rain and I chased you and your big black umbrella but I lost you in the crowds, too hard to run in wet stilettos. Then you weren't at the bus stop. I was oddly disappointed, and not just because looking at your beautiful hands and forearms makes me happy.

3 comments:

hissychick said...

Delurking to say that I was just about to respond to your last post and suggest that you continue with the commuter stories...et voila!

Great blog. More please.

Kisses said...

I think I have a crush on commuter #4 as well.

TheThingsIdTellYou said...

So do I, kisses!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...