Saturday 7 June 2008

Dreams

Let me set the scene. It’s 8am, I’m in bed under 2 feather doonas completely cocooned in warmth. Perfect warmth mind you, that lovely equilibrium between sweltering and shivering. Toasty warm. It’s raining outside, lovely steady rhythmic rain, which is also making the room dark, enhanced by the blockout curtains which are closed. The room is dark and cool and quiet but for the drumming of the rain.

I am asleep but aware of my surroundings at the same time, having what a friend recently explained to me were lucid dreams, holding on tightly to my subconscious and not wanting to break the spell of this spectacularly perfect Saturday morning. To complete the picture, the dream that I am having is a serial dream, one that has been repeated over several nights, and I am now moving into the next chapter of the dream. All week I’ve been wondering where this dream is going and as my hand reaches for the handle of a door I’ve been too afraid to open on my own for two consecutive dreams I start to shiver.

It’s not a frightened shiver though, in this dream I’m not frightened any more. I’m shivering because it is cold, there is a draught in this dark and spooky house that I’m exploring. I’m aware that my feet especially are cold so I look down at them, and they are covered in my docs. So they shouldn’t be cold. The cold is rising, encircling my knees and making my whole body shudder. The way getting out of a hot tub into snowy air makes you involuntarily spasm.

The eerie silence of the dream house has changed as well, not only is it cold, but there is a whispering making the hairs on my neck stand on end. I strain to listen to the words, wondering if they will finally imbue some meaning into this bizarre dream that’s been on my mind for a week, wondering as I open the door what it is in this room, why I was taken here, what I needed to discover. When finally I discern the words clearly…

WAKE UP LAZYBUM MUM AND TAKE ME TO GYMNASTICS

I’m never going to work out what’s in that room.

1 comment:

@workingwomenaus said...

Oh reality is a bitch lol ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...