Thursday 16 June 2011

Day 16, long exposure

Long exposures are my nemesis; not being in possession of a tripod (though in desperate lust with the idea of a gorillapod). I have very steady hands, but it takes the merest fraction of movement, an inhalation at worst to cause the dreaded shakes. In Melbourne when I was taking my night shots I became increasingly frustrated with photos like this

and my seeming inability to keep still enough to take pictures that I wanted to take. Sometimes the blurring actually worked, and I like the movement in those pictures, even if it was completely unintentional. It gives a pace to the picture and a living quality that I sort of like.


But the type of photography I would love to be able to do is starlight photography, tracking the movement of the Earth as it spins, the stars lighting up the sky. And I will never be still enough for that. It's hard enough taking pictures of the moon.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...